An important roundtable discussion will take place on Tuesday, April 15 on the needs of housing and support service collaboration. The event, Access to Housing for the Homeless, will take place from Noon to 3:30pm, immediately following the monthly Vermont Coalition to End Homelessness meeting in Randolph.
The purpose of this facilitated discussion is to foster increased collaboration between housing managers and service providers in addressing the needs of the homeless and other vulnerable Vermonters. The hope is to highlight efforts at the local level by Housing Review Teams, Continuums of Care, and other collaborations by addressing some of the following questions:
- What are the main obstacles to accessing stable housing in your area?
- What are some of the primary challenges undermining existing tenancies?
- What do housing providers need to take a chance on a challenging tenant?
- What are the best collaborative practices of housing managers and service providers in your area?
- What are lessons learned to share with colleagues across the state?
- Provide examples of how the CoC or Housing Review Team work with local housing managers to increase access to the the most vulnerable individuals and families.
There is no fee to attend, however registration is required by April 1. No joke!
Please email Rick DeAngelis at email@example.com or call 802-828-3526 to register today.