Upper Valley Haven, a non-profit, private organization that serves people struggling with poverty by providing food, shelter, education, clothing and support, is currently seeking the right person to become the Haven’s new Family Shelter Case Manager. This employment opportunity is a permanent, full-time position. MSW and experience preferred.
Individual must be able to guide guests through the process of identifying strengths and vulnerabilities in their life situation; support them in designing a plan of services, and assist them in connecting with community resources so as to successfully address needs as rapidly as possible. Some of the job functions include:
- Establishes positive, supportive relationships with visitors or guests
- Assesses visitor or guest needs in core domain areas
- Identifies and emphasizes the strengths of visitors or guests
- Facilitates establishment of realistic goals
- Connects visitors or guests to resources that support goal attainment
- Provides support and service coordination for visitors or guests
- Creates clear, concise, objective notes
- Monitors and supports visitors or guests in process of work toward goals
- Uses agency Choices model as a framework for accountability with visitors or guests
For the full employment description of the Case Manager position click here.
Upper Valley Haven is also currently seeking:
Per diem shelter staff members: Must be available to work all shifts. BA preferred. (Job Description)
Independent contractor for data entry: Up to 20 hours per week. (Job Description)
Please see job descriptions before applying. Team environment, competitive salary & benefits are offered. EOE. Send cover letter and resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by March 21, 2014 with job title in subject line.
Learn more about Upper Valley Haven’s employment and volunteer opportunities here.