The Vermont Network is seeking a qualified candidate for its Economic Justice and Housing Specialist position. This 40 hour per week position, which is situated at our offices in Montpelier, Vermont, offers a competitive salary and benefit package, and the opportunity to work in a dynamic, supportive work environment on important social change issues.
The Economic Justice and Housing Specialist is responsible for improving economic and housing systems in order to support the safety and economic well-being of all victims/survivors of domestic and sexual violence in Vermont. We hope to recruit someone who brings the following skills and attitudes:
• Any combination of experience and education equal to a Bachelors of Arts or Science Degree in one of the human services or related fields;
• Working knowledge of Vermont’s state government, legislative process and policy analysis.
• Knowledge of Vermont’s social services, housing, and government entitlement system.
• Experience in systems advocacy related to domestic and sexual violence.
• Knowledge of domestic and sexual violence;
• A demonstrated commitment to anti-oppression work and ending violence against women;
• A minimum of four years volunteer or professional experience in a field relative to the position;
• Ability and commitment to work within a team model to achieve organizational goals;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Excellent group facilitation skills.
The Vermont Network seeks and supports a multi-racial, multi-ethnic and multi-cultural work place for the benefit of our organization, our work and our movement to end gender-based violence. We strongly encourage applicants from racially or ethnically diverse communities, LGBTQ communities and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Send an application packet that includes a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by the close of business on January 26, 2016.