The Housing Opportunity Grant Program (HOP) is administered by the State Office of Economic Opportunity (OEO) and blends federal and state funding to help nonprofit organizations, including community and faith-based organizations, operate within local Continua of Care to provide emergency and day shelter; provide transitional housing where appropriate; offer essential services to shelter residents; rapidly re-house homeless families and individuals in permanent housing; and prevent individuals and families experiencing housing crisis from becoming homeless.
Changes to this Request for Proposals are generally not major, but include the following:
- OEO has a new mailing address and is now physically located in Waterbury (pg. 5)
- Eligible Program Components (pg. 7-9):
- Incorporates proposals for use of General Assistance (GA) to decrease reliance on motels through community-based alternatives, with a particular focus on new crisis bed capacity.
- Includes a more detailed description of Landlord Liaison work as part of Innovation.
- Budget (pg. 24-26):
- Clarifies that costs for administration costs may be based on a de minimus 10% rate or an approved federal indirect cost rate.
- Explicitly includes demonstration of leveraged funds as a selection criteria.
- Attachments (pg. 27):
- Certificate of Government Approval required for all facility-based projects (i.e., shelters), not just new projects.
- Written Standards for Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing need to be attached to the application, not just on file at the organization.
- Appendices (pg. 29-48):
- Updated State Attachment C.
- Updated HUD income limits for 30% AMI.
Click here for the Notice and Application for Vermont’s State Fiscal Year ’17 Housing Opportunity Grant Program (HOP):
- Notice & Overview of Housing Opportunity Grant Program
- Application, with Appendices
- Standard AHS Grant and Contract Provisions for information purposes only (Attachments C & F)
Funding is available in state fiscal year 2017 (July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017).
Webinar Announcement: The Office of Economic Opportunity will host a webinar on Monday, April 11th , 1:00 – 2:00pm to review the Housing Opportunity Grant Program Notice and Application for funding. The webinar will be recorded and archived. To attend by web, register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.