This is a quick reminder for next Tuesday’s Annual Joint Meeting of the Vermont Affordable Housing Coalition and the Vermont Coalition to End Homelessness. After lunch, the VAHC Annual Meeting and the VCEH monthly meeting will be held concurrently at the same location:
Tuesday, September 20, 2016
9:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Old Labor Hall
46 Granite St, Barre, VT
I hope you or someone from your organization can attend!! We have some very special guests and exciting agenda items confirmed:
- Sue Minter, Democratic Party nominee for governor (at 9:45)
- Lt. Governor Phil Scott, Republican Party nominee for governor (at 10:30)
- Kate Ash (Sen. Leahy), Katarina Lisaius (Sen. Sanders) & Kevin Veller (Congr. Welch) will provide the latest updates from DC
- Jen Hollar (VHCB) & Angus Chaney (AHS) will givean overview and update on the important “Roadmap to End Homelessness” initiative
- Networking Lunch (at 12 noon, $5 donation requested)
- VAHC Annual Meeting (1:00 – 2:00) & VCEH Monthly Meeting (1:00 – 2:30)
A detailed agenda for the meetings and background materials will go out later this week.
We will meet with both major gubernatorial candidates separately to hear their thoughts on state policy and funding for affordable housing and homelessness and respond to questions from coalition members. We are providing both candidates with a set of questions to help them frame their remarks and prepare them for likely questions during Q & A.
DIRECTIONS TO OLD LABOR HALL: From I-89 North or South:
- Take Exit 7 onto Rte. 62 and follow the signs into Barre.
- At the 5th light (junction with Rte. 302), take a right onto Main Street.
- Turn right onto Granite Street (beside Peoples United Bank).
- The Old Labor Hall will be on your left after you cross the railroad tracks.
The parking lot of the Old Labor Hall is shared with a commercial granite company that requires transportation and shipping access during business hours. Parking is restricted for weekday use to areas closest to the OLH. Renters who block access may be asked to move. Street and metered parking is available in areas around the Hall.
We will *not* be offering a call-in option for this meeting, but will resume that at the regular monthly VAHC meeting on October 12 in Montpelier.
Hope to see you next Tuesday!