Date: Tuesday, October 18, 2016
Time: 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Where: St. John’s Episcopal Church, 15 Randolph Ave, Randolph, VT 05060
Call-In Number: 641-715- 3272, Access Code: 236613#
– October Meeting Agenda
– DRAFT VCEH Meeting Minutes – September 20, 2016
– Proposed Job Description for CoC Support Staff
Please complete this poll to help us determine if we should move the date of the November meeting as it conflicts with the 2016 Vermont Statewide Housing Conference.
This is a quick reminder for next Tuesday’s Annual Joint Meeting of the Vermont Affordable Housing Coalition and the Vermont Coalition to End Homelessness. After lunch, the VAHC Annual Meeting and the VCEH monthly meeting will be held concurrently at the same location:
Tuesday, September 20, 2016
9:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Old Labor Hall
46 Granite St, Barre, VT
I hope you or someone from your organization can attend!! We have some very special guests and exciting agenda items confirmed:
- Sue Minter, Democratic Party nominee for governor (at 9:45)
- Lt. Governor Phil Scott, Republican Party nominee for governor (at 10:30)
- Kate Ash (Sen. Leahy), Katarina Lisaius (Sen. Sanders) & Kevin Veller (Congr. Welch) will provide the latest updates from DC
- Jen Hollar (VHCB) & Angus Chaney (AHS) will givean overview and update on the important “Roadmap to End Homelessness” initiative
- Networking Lunch (at 12 noon, $5 donation requested)
- VAHC Annual Meeting (1:00 – 2:00) & VCEH Monthly Meeting (1:00 – 2:30)
A detailed agenda for the meetings and background materials will go out later this week.
We will meet with both major gubernatorial candidates separately to hear their thoughts on state policy and funding for affordable housing and homelessness and respond to questions from coalition members. We are providing both candidates with a set of questions to help them frame their remarks and prepare them for likely questions during Q & A.
DIRECTIONS TO OLD LABOR HALL: From I-89 North or South:
- Take Exit 7 onto Rte. 62 and follow the signs into Barre.
- At the 5th light (junction with Rte. 302), take a right onto Main Street.
- Turn right onto Granite Street (beside Peoples United Bank).
- The Old Labor Hall will be on your left after you cross the railroad tracks.
The parking lot of the Old Labor Hall is shared with a commercial granite company that requires transportation and shipping access during business hours. Parking is restricted for weekday use to areas closest to the OLH. Renters who block access may be asked to move. Street and metered parking is available in areas around the Hall.
We will *not* be offering a call-in option for this meeting, but will resume that at the regular monthly VAHC meeting on October 12 in Montpelier.
Hope to see you next Tuesday!
Dear VCEH/VT BoS CoC Members,
To ensure input by the full CoC membership (all stakeholders in the VT Balance of State CoC) a draft of this year’s HUD CoC Consolidated Application and Project Priority/Ranking Listing is available on the CoC’s website at www.helpingtohousevt.org under the section “Initiatives” and subsection “HUD Funding & Regulations”.
Final comments should be sent to email@example.com no later than 10AM on Monday, September 12.
We need your help! Please provide additional input for the following questions:
- Page 37/Q3A-6: Additional Job and Income Growth
- Page 44/Q3B-2.5a: More reasons why unsheltered families increased (6).
- Page 50/Q4A-3: Specific outcome data for number of people approved for health insurance between July 2015-June 2016 (i.e. Health Clinics, other).
- Pending – Page 48/Q3B-3.1a, 3.2, 3.4, and 3.4a: Homeless Veterans (VA)
- The final version of the “HMIS Policy & Procedures Manual” was approved by a VCEH CoC Board vote in August and will be attached to the CoC application. A draft is available at helpingtohousevt.org.
- The attachment for “CoCs Process for Reallocating” is pending collation but will be attached to the CoC application.
Vemont State Housing Authority
VT BoS CoC Collaborative Applicant (on behalf of VCEH)