At the VCEH September meeting, a vote was warned for the October meeting to approve the attached VCEH Strategic Planning Committee Charter. Please share with your local CoC to review before the October VCEH meeting on Tuesday, October 17. Anyone interested in joining the committee may contact Laurel Chen or Josh Davis.
Below is this year’s FINAL FY 2017 CoC Program Project Priority List as determined and approved by the VCEH ranking committee.
All projects listed below will be included in the VT BOS CoC Program Consolidated Application submission.
Highlights from the VT BoS CoC Ranking Committee’s determination:
- VCEH identified $126,835 in available CoC funds to reallocate for new projects
- 8.15.17 – VCEH CoC membership indicated general support for HMIS, CE and PSH funding
- To address unexpected Letters of Intent for new HMIS/CE projects, VCEH developed objective scoring tool with potential scenarios as current VCEH Policy doesn’t address new HMIS/CE projects in Tier 2.*
- 8.17.17 – Ranking Committee chose “Scenario 1” from Tier 2 options (funding all three expansion proposals – HMIS/CE/PSH), as it aligns with VCEH general support for all 3 project types; RRH Statewide proposal reduced by eliminating $13,766 Service BLI due to recipient indication that this funding type was no longer administratively practical, especially after multiple grant consolidations
- 8.23.17 – after initial ranking determination, ICA withdrew their HMIS-Expansion proposal
- 8.25.17 – Ranking Committee met independently (without VSHA or AHS) and voted to increase the new CE-Expansion proposal by $39,500 (in light of HUD CoC Coordinated Entry 1.23.18 deadline)
- Two Tier 1 renewals ranked upon VCEH policy: HMIS (“2nd to last full project in Tier 1”) & CE (“last full…”)
- RRH5 renewal project placed by Ranking Committee in Tier 1 as it’s a renewal & new project (start date 10.1.17 after current NOFA); HUD doesn’t permit reallocation of new projects; VCEH policy places HMIS/CE/Straddle projects at bottom of Tier 1; RRH5 couldn’t be ranked lower than #3; RRH5 project could not be scored with points (no data) so it could not be ranked higher than #3*
- Due to unspent grant funds & strategic purposes, the Ranking Committee chose the Shelter+Care/Statewide renewal project as the last Tier 1 project; $67,547 straddles into Tier 2
- The two remaining project proposals (BHP Shelter+Care & VSHA RRH Statewide) were ranked in order of points determined by the CoC-approved objective scoring tool for renewal projects
- No appeals were submitted
*Collaborative Applicant [VSHA] recommends VCEH Policy revisions for FY18
This is a quick reminder for next Wednesday’s Annual Joint Meeting of the Vermont Affordable Housing Coalition and the Vermont Coalition to End Homelessness. After lunch, the VAHC Annual Meeting and the VCEH monthly meeting will be held concurrently at the same location:
Wednesday, September 13, 2017
9:30 AM – 2:00 PM
Our Lady of the Angels Church
43 Hebard Hill Rd, Randolph, VT (directions below)
We have some special guests and exciting agenda items:
- Governor Phil Scott (confirmed for 11:15)
- Senate President Pro Tempore Tim Ashe (confirmed for 10:10)
- House Speaker Mitzi Johnson (confirmed for 9:40)
- Representatives from our congressional offices will provide the latest updates from DC
- Networking Lunch (at 12 noon, $5 donation requested)
- VAHC Annual Meeting (12:45 – 2:00) & VCEH Monthly Meeting (12:45 – 2:00)
DIRECTIONS TO OUR LADY OF THE ANGELS CHURCH:
- Take I-89 to Exit 4 and head toward Randolph (right off south bound exit ramp, left off north bound ramp)
- Follow Route 66 for about a half mile to Hebard Hill Road on your right
- Our Lady of the Angels is on the corner on the right
See you next Wednesday!