Chittenden County Homeless Alliance
(also known as CCHA, “the Alliance,” Chittenden Continuum of Care, or Chittenden CoC.)
CCHA is the HUD Continuum of Care that serves Chittenden County, VT. (The CoC that serves the other 13 counties in Vermont is called the VT Balance of State CoC).
The Chittenden County Homeless Alliance is a coalition of individuals, organizations, and government who support our vision of a safe, decent, affordable, stable home for every person and family in Chittenden County. Our mission is to end homelessness in Chittenden County by being a forum for gathering information, building consensus, coordinating efforts, and advocating the end of homelessness through prevention, early intervention, and remediation.
To effectuate our mission and achieve our vision, the Alliance:
1. Holds four meetings of the full Continuum of Care and actively seeks new members at least annually;
2. Gathers and disseminates information about the incidence, prevalence, and current and emerging causes of homelessness including conducting an annual Point in Time count;
3. Identifies and prioritizes solutions to homelessness including “bricks and mortar,” economic, legal, and social service and program impediments;
4. Develops and advocates government, programmatic, and legal policies that further the Alliance’s vision;
5. Establishes and follows written standards for providing CoC assistance, in consultation with the recipient of Emergency Solutions Grants program funds.
6. Marshals federal, state, and local government and other resources to further our mission;
7. Coordinates our efforts with the Balance of State Continuum of Care as appropriate; and
8. Moves its agenda forward through annual and multi-year planning including establishing performance goals and measuring and monitoring progress toward these goals;
9. Evaluates all CoC and ESG funded programs and effectuates change as needed;
10. Develops a written process for Board selection and reviews that process at least every five years; and
11. Designates and operates a Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) at a minimum to meet HUD HMIS requirements.