Hello current HOP Grantees and potential applicants!
I have some further resources for you in the preparation of your application.
They are all saved here: http://dcf.vermont.gov/oeo/HOP-RFP
Under “Application Materials”:
- A slightly revised Notice of Funding and Application document with the following corrections
Changes: (These are also saved separately also, for your convenience.)
- Updated Appendix C (pg. 29) with recently-released HUD FFY 2017 30% Median Family Income by County (extremely low income)
- Revised Appendix E (pg. 31) to reflect that Homelessness Prevention Services no longer have an income eligibility requirement. Homelessness Prevention financial and rental assistance activities still require annual income to be below 30% AMI.
Also saved at the above link under “Helpful Information”:
- A Frequently Asked Questions document with important clarifications about the application process – please review carefully.
- An updated report on General Assistance Community Investments funded through the HOP program in FY 2017, to reflect current funding and status.
- General Assistance reports for Singles and for Families on year-to-date (July 16-March 17) motel utilization by AHS District, including number of households, demographics, and number of nights provided.
- A link to the recorded webinar about the HOP Notice of Funding held on 4/14/17.
Thanks so much for your attention to all of this and I look forward to reviewing your applications. Please let me know if you have any questions. 241-0930.
The HOP Funding Announcement was issued this morning. The full 2018 Funding Announcement and Application for the Housing Opportunity Grant Program is attached, and can also be found on the Office of Economic Opportunity website.
Current grantees were provided with the application separately as a Word document, and an optional Budget Tool in Excel. Please contact Emily Higgins if you would like these as well. Please see the introductory Memo for a listing of substantive changes to the application.
Applications are due no later than 4:00 P.M. May 19, 2016.
Webinar Announcement: The Office of Economic Opportunity will host a webinar on Friday, April 14th, 3:30 – 4:30pm to review the Housing Opportunity Grant Program Notice and Application for funding. The webinar will be recorded and archived.
To attend by web, register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/25107729777090050
Please contact Emily Higgins if you have any questions. I will post and distribute an FAQ document in a couple weeks.
The VCEH Board will vote on the following 2 items at its meeting on April 18th, 2017:
Does the VCEH approve the Coordinated Entry Confidentiality Principles and Policy, to be used as Attachment B in the Local Coordinated Entry Partnership Agreements?
Please note, page 3, Staff Acknowledgement Form is an optional tool for Local Coordinated Entry Partnerships to use to help ensure all staff have read and understand the Coordinated Entry Confidentiality Principles and Policy.
The recommended VCEH Coordinated Entry Confidentiality Principles and Policy can be found here: Confidentiality Principles and Policies – for VOTE
Does the VCEH approve the Coordinated Entry Permanent Supported Housing Policy?
Please note the following comments for discussion: The Coordinated Entry Committee is committed to revisiting the policy, including prioritization, six months after implementation (or sooner) to revise as needed.
The recommended VCEH Coordinated Entry Permanent Supported Housing Policy can be found here: Permanent Supported Housing Policy- for VOTE
Should VCEH members have questions about either of these policies or the vote, you are encouraged to be in touch with your local Coordinated Entry lead agency and/or VCEH Coordinated Entry Committee Members. You may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about VCEH Coordinated Entry planning and policies, please visit the Coordinated Entry Page.