The Vermont Statewide Point-in-Time (PIT) Count is an unduplicated count of persons experiencing homelessness in both unsheltered and sheltered (in a homeless program) places on a single night. The PIT Count allows local communities and state policy makers to understand current problems of homelessness, target limited funding to appropriate housing and services, and track progress.
2018 Point in Time Count Resources
Date of the PIT Count: Wednesday, January 31, 2018
View the recorded webinar that reviews how to fill out the electronic and paper Point in Time Count forms here.
Electronic Forms – LIVE Versions:
Unsheltered Form for people staying outside, in cars, in tents, abandoned buildings, etc. https://goo.gl/forms/t9KxLVvFHklYJxh12
Non-HMIS Emergency Shelter/ Domestic and Sexual Violence Shelter/Motel Voucher Form https://goo.gl/forms/KxzgZmHAZ3yayIiC2
Non-HMIS Transitional Housing Form https://goo.gl/forms/etvyqQUUaogrjq7C3
Paper forms should be submitted to your Local PIT Count Coordinator, with the exception of all ESD forms will be compiled in the regional office and then submitted to Geoffrey Pippenger.
2017 Point in Time Count Results
To view observational notes on the 2017 PIT/HIC, including a chart of PIT data for the Balance of State from 2009-2017, click here.
Click here to view the recorded training webinar for this year’s count.
2016 Point in Time Count
The 2016 PIT Count took place on the night of January 26th. The total number of homeless Vermonters counted on that single night was 1,102. The 2016 Point-In-Time Count showed an overall decrease in homelessness by 28% compared to the 2015 Point-in-Time Count. Of the households counted statewide 156 had children, or 20% of total households counted. That is a decrease of 22% from last year.
To view the FULL 2016 statewide report, click here.
To view the press release for the report, click here.
- 2016 VT BoS Housing Inventory Chart: http://helpingtohousevt.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/2016-VT-BoS-CoC-HIC-submitted.xlsx
- 2016 VT BoS PIT Final Summary: http://helpingtohousevt.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/2016-PIT-Summary-submitted.pdf
- 2016 VT BoS PIT Subpopulations Summary: http://helpingtohousevt.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/2016-PIT-subpopulations-submitted.pdf
- 2016 VT BoS PIT Youth Summary: http://helpingtohousevt.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/2016-PIT-youth-summary-submitted.pdf
- 2016 VIT BoS PIT Veterans Summary: http://helpingtohousevt.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/2016-PIT-veterans-submitted.pdf
- PIT Methodology for VT Balance of State CoC: http://helpingtohousevt.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/2016-PIT-methodology-submitted.pdf
- 2015 Housing Inventory Chart for Homeless Beds: http://helpingtohousevt.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/2015-HIC-final-VT-BoS-CoC-county.xlsx
- The 2015 Point-in-Time Count revealed a total number of 1,523 homeless individuals counted in Vermont on the night of January 27th. To view the full statewide report and findings click here.
- To view the Press Release for the 2015 Point-in-Time Count click here.
- See the report from the 2014 Point-in-Time Count here.
- HUD Exchange: https://www.hudexchange.info/hdx/guides/pit-hic/
- National Alliance to End Homelessness: http://www.endhomelessness.org/blog/c/point-in-time-counts