FFY 2016 HUD Continuum of Care Funding
The Vermont Coalition to End Homelessness application for the FY16 Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) was submitted September 13, 2016. Copies of the final application and project priority listing are available below as well as additional information related to the preparation and submission of this year’s application.
- FY16 VT BoS CoC Consolidated Application FINAL 9.13.16
- FY16 BoS CoC Project Priority Listing FINAL 9.13.16
- FY16 VT BoS CoC Consolidated Application Draft 9.7.16
- FY16 VCEH Project Ranking Policy – FINAL 7.19.16
- FY16 VT BoS CoC Project Scoring Tool – FINAL 7.19.16
- FY16 VT BoS CoC Projects Priority Listing FINAL (posted 8.24.16)
- FY16 CoC NOFA Summary FINAL 2016 07 07
- FY16 VT BoS CoC NOFA Timeline – 7.12.16
- FFY16 VT BoS CoC Letter of Intent – Notice Form 6.30.16
To learn more about the FFY2016 HUD CoC Notice of Funding Availability competition, click here for a recent post from the National Alliance to End Homelessness.
VT BOS COC PROJECT APPLICATIONS: as posted 6/30/16 on the VT Coalition to End Homelessness website and emailed to all local CoCs and stakeholders, a complete “Letter of Intent Form” is due to VT State Housing Authority (VSHA) no later than 10AM – 7/29/16 from any eligible entity who wishes to apply for a current CoC project renewal or a new CoC project (Permanent Housing Bonus or Reallocated funds from existing projects). On 8/9/16 the VT BoS CoC Ranking Team will review and prioritize all CoC project proposals. For more info see: http://helpingtohousevt.
HUD COC APPLICATION, due to HUD on 9/14/16, is a competitive process documents progress & planning of the VT BoS CoC over the past year; CoC project funding is based upon our HUD CoC Application score. It will be completed by VSHA (Collaborative Applicant) on behalf of the VCEH, with support of the VT Balance of State Continuum of Care NOFA Committee (Liz Genge/Downstreet, Elizabeth Eddy/BROC and Daniel/VSHA) and TAC. A final draft will be posted 9/7/16 on the VCEH website; final comments must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10AM -9/12/1. http://
The VT BOS COC SYSTEM PERFORMANCE MEASURES REPORT, due to HUD on 8/1/16, was compiled by the Institute for Community Alliances (ICA) on behalf of the VCEH and is derived from data of all VT HMIS [ServicePoint] participating agencies. The SPM Report creates a baseline for which all U.S. CoCs will be evaluated & scored for progress in future HUD CoC applications: http://
HUD CoC System Performance Measures Introductory Guide
HUD CoC System Performance Measures Videos (Overview, Length of Time, Return to Homelessness, Number of Persons, Employment & Income Growth, First Time Homeless, Prevention, Outreach & Retention of Permanent Housing)
June 15th, 2016 – VOTES WARNED: Project Scoring Tool, Project Ranking Policy, Project Ranking Team, Other CoC Project Ranking items – No significant changes from last year.
- HUD VT BoS CoC Debriefing Scores – FY2015 NOFA: http://helpingtohousevt.
org/wp-content/uploads/2016/ 06/HUD-VT-BoS-CoC-Debriefing- Scores-FY2015-NOFA.pdf
- FY16 VT BoS CoC NOFA Timeline – 6.15.16 Proposed (Feedback Needed): http://
helpingtohousevt.org/wp- content/uploads/2016/06/FY16- VT-BoS-CoC-NOFA-Timeline-6.15. 16-Proposed.pdf
- FY16 VT BoS CoC Letter of Intent DRAFT 6.14.16 (Feedback Needed): http://
helpingtohousevt.org/wp- content/uploads/2016/06/FY16- VT-BoS-CoC-Letter-of-Intent- DRAFT-6.14.16.pdf
- VCEH CoC Board Voting Members: http://
helpingtohousevt.org/wp- content/uploads/2016/06/VCEH- VT-BoS-CoC-Voting-Board- Members-6.15.16.pdf
- VCEH Project Ranking Policy – DRAFT 6.15.16: http://
helpingtohousevt.org/wp- content/uploads/2016/06/VCEH- Project-Ranking-Policy-DRAFT- 6.15.16.pdf
- VCEH Project Ranking Policy – DRAFT with redline 2016 06 09: http://helpingtohousevt.
org/wp-content/uploads/2016/ 06/VCEH-Project-Ranking- Policy-DRAFT-with-redline- 2016-06-09.doc
- VT BoS CoC project scoring tool – DRAFT 6.15.16: http://
helpingtohousevt.org/wp- content/uploads/2016/06/VT- BoS-CoC-project-scoring-tool- DRAFT-6.15.16.pdf
- VT BoS CoC Additional Voting Items – Project Ranking 6.15.16: http://helpingtohousevt.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/VT-BoS-CoC-Additional-Voting-Items-Project-Ranking-6.15.16.pdf
HEARTH Act of 2009
On May 20, 2009, President Obama signed the Homeless Emergency Assistance and Rapid Transition to Housing (HEARTH) Act of 2009. The HEARTH Act amends and reauthorizes the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act with substantial changes, including:
- A consolidation of HUD’s competitive grant programs;
- The creation of a Rural Housing Stability Assistance Program;
- A change in HUD’s definition of homelessness and chronic homelessness;
- A simplified match requirement;
- An increase in prevention resources; and,
- An increase in emphasis on performance.