Click here for relevant information on FFY2017 HUD CoC Programs Funding for the VT Balance of State Continuum of Care.
HEARTH Act of 2009
On May 20, 2009, President Obama signed the Homeless Emergency Assistance and Rapid Transition to Housing (HEARTH) Act of 2009. The HEARTH Act amends and reauthorizes the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act with substantial changes, including:
- A consolidation of HUD’s competitive grant programs;
- The creation of a Rural Housing Stability Assistance Program;
- A change in HUD’s definition of homelessness and chronic homelessness;
- A simplified match requirement;
- An increase in prevention resources; and,
- An increase in emphasis on performance.